Today I mostly stayed in bed and watched some more One Tree Hill. I have decided that this is probably not too healthy. Fun. But not healthy. If I do lose my job (no news yet), I’m at a significant risk of becoming obese and smelly. If I keep my job, the shock of returning to a 9 to 5 where I’m expected to be dressed and active all day, may kill me.
Therefore I have come up with the following Minimum Standards Agreement –
1. Get up in the morning, go to bed in the evening.
2. Wash and get dressed every day.
3. Eat three meals a day. Actual meals, not snacks and junk.
4. Get outside and get some exercise every day.
5. Write. Try to hit 2000 words a day.
6. Participate. Find a book group. Go to running club. Investigate volunteering.
Obviously 1. and 2. are a bit of a given if I do go back to work. The rest I want to do anyway. I’ve learned that I need to take care of myself. Now it’s time to start putting my money where my mouth is.