- Went to work for a few hours even though it was my scheduled day off, (surprise! Chocolate shop in gets-busy-at-Easter shocker!) to make some truffles and bake a banana loaf.
- Waited as the bus went on an extremely long route going past my house twice, in order to get to Morrison’s to pick up some vital basics (deodorant, tin foil).
- Stood in shock and awe at the shiny shiny new chiller cabinets in Morrisons, and the thrilling contents therein. Peppers stuffed with cream cheese! A variety of flavoured couscous! Satay chicken on a stick!*
- Bought a variety of chilled goods.
- Remembered small tins of tonic for gin.
- Forgot the deodorant and tin foil.
- Came home, sat in the garden for three hours reading Joanne Harris’ new novel blueeyedboy.**
- Dozed off listening to BBC 6Music, and the increasingly aggressive pigeon.
- Returned to the house to cook tomorrow’s dinner (lamb rogan josh), and tonight’s (pork steaks, new potatoes and homemade coleslaw).
- Sipped a G&T whilst listening to the News Quiz on Radio 4 and writing this here blog.
A satisfactory day, in its own unexciting way. Hope you’re all enjoying a Great Good Friday.
*I did not buy chicken on a stick. That is not a happy chicken.
**compulsive but underwhelming.